Instagram

UNC '15

UNC '15

Monday, February 10, 2014

Afternoon Adventure In Certaldo

Last Friday I had my first Friday free from school while at Lorenzo de Medici University in Florence. We don't have classes on Friday at the school, which gives me the opportunity to travel during regular three day weekends. I decided Friday morning to catch an early train to a small town slightly South of Florence called Certaldo. I had heard of the city as a rustic getaway, so I figured to make the most of my Friday and head to the late-medieval commune. A couple of friends and I headed out in hopes of making it to the top of the hill overlooking the rest of the city. Once I arrived 45 minutes later, I was enamored by the small slow-life town. The residents were helpful and approachable when my friends and I asked directions to the top of the city. It was a small hike, but once at the top I was all blown away by the view of the rest of the town. I ventured in small museums and artisan shops, and attempted to talk to a few locals about the history of the city while grabbing an espresso. Later I stopped for pizza at a local shop and ordered a prosciuto and artichoke pizza, called "capricosa". The meal was excellent, and the young owner of the shop asked to take his picture with me for advertising the business. In retrospect, I have to admit that Certaldo was another great spontaneous find, with a relaxing atmosphere and a great historical center full of beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.

Picture Roll!



 View of the countryside


 A view from the bottom of the hill


 A old outside bath and casual Coca-Cola commercial

1 comment: